Accessible Page Links


Page Tools

Main page Content

History

A school first opened at Withcott on the Toowoomba Commonage in 1912 under headmaster Mr. M.F.Ryan. The school was forced to close in 1971 when numbers fell to eight students. The land was sold to the tennis club. In 1977 the Withcott Progress Association began lobbying for a new primary school. Their persistent efforts were eventually rewarded with a new school which was constructed on the southern side of the Warrego Highway by Jennings Constructions in 1983.

The current Withcott State School opened its doors in January 1984 under Principal Mr Lance Wilson with 5 teachers and an enrolment of 96 children. Since that time the school has continued to grow and celebrated its 25th Anniversary in October of 2009.